Monday, July 30, 2012

Nutella Peanut Butter Monster Cookies

 I know, I know.  Another Nutella recipe.

But this bad boy is pretty much delicious in anything.  Heavens you don't even need to put it in anything, you could just lick it off the spoon.

After what I have been making this week, I think I should buy stock in Nutella.  Anybody with me on that!!??

I even have my kids addicted to it.  When we run out, they beg until I get more.  Pretty sad but it is super delicious and the favorite at Saturday morning breakfasts.  Kathryn thinks nothing is better than a pancake smeared with Nutella and Peanut Butter and topped with strawberries.  I know, but at least it's only once a week.

This particular cookie was brought to my attention by my new friend, Jill (you better leave a comment for this one :).  And oh my heavens, are they absolutely devilish.  I could not stay out of them.  Thank heavens I took them with me to the family reunion and they polished them off in hours.  They were absolutely amazing.  

So thanks Jill for making me gain like 7 pounds!

(okay that's not really true but I did have to go work out for 5 days in a row so I didn't :)

Nutella Peanut Butter Monster Cookies

(click here for printable version)

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup Nutella
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Reeses Pieces
1 cup semi-sweet choclate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Note: If you are gluten free, adjust as needed.  I used regular all-purpose flour because I can handle a little bit, but do what you need.

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F.  In bowl of your stand mixer that is fitted with cookie paddles, cream butter, peanut butter, Nutella, and sugar until thoroughly combined.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well again.  Add baking soda, oatmeals, and flour and mix until well incorporated.  Gently stir in Reeses Pieces, chocolate and peanut butter chips.

2.  Drop by tablespoon full on baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack to cool completely.  Enjoy and good luck not eating all of them!

Makes: 4 dozen
Blogging tips