Saturday, July 24, 2010

Grilled Pesto Pizza

I've said before that every once in a while I come upon a recipe that makes our "list" and it makes repeated appearances.  Lately I have found several of these and this one almost takes my breath away.  I absolutely love it!!!!  I am not even a huge pesto, feta fan but this is so perfect even the little kids liked it (they didn't love it as much as me or my husband but...there kids and they don't know what they are missing).  I love the crunchy crust the grill gives it.  If you try nothing else, please try this and let me know what you think.  As a side note, you can grill any kind of pizza.  It works much better with individual size pizzas and make sure your grill is nice, clean and well oiled (you can do this with some olive oil on a paper towel).  I found the recipe here.

1 recipe pizza dough
1 bottle pesto (I get mine from Costco)
1 container feta cheese
Fresh tomatoes, sliced
Fresh basil, chopped
Salt-n-pepper, to taste

*  Make your pizza dough and let raise.  Divide into about 6-8 equal portions and roll out about 1/2 in. thick.  Place on grill (I keep my temperature at about medium, but most recipes call for high, just keep an eye on dough).

* Your dough should look like this.  When light brown on one side, flip over.  Immediately spread pesto sauce on each piece and then feta cheese.  Let sit in grill until that side is done and cheese is slightly melted.

* Remove from grill, top with tomatoes, basil and salt and pepper to your liking.  Eat and love!
Blogging tips