Monday, October 10, 2011

Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups


Is any one enjoying the fall weather?

I was until it started raining 3 days ago and hasn't stopped.  I know, I know Jenny, it's nothing like Seattle but still how do you guys stand the constant rain?

It does make my grass so beautiful, everything smells great, and my allergies have been non-existent for those days  but I sure miss my sun.

I love how the sunshine is so warm in the fall and the shade is tad bit chilly.  I love the leaves falling down.  I love the pumpkin and gingerbread recipes.

Oh man, do I love the soup!

Since it has been so cold (for Idaho anyway) I have been making soup almost every night. It sounds absolutely fabulous to me but I kid you not, every time my kids come to the table for dinner they ask what we are having and I say, "Soup" they immediately dissolve into a puddle of tears.

They are not soup eaters but boy do the hubs and I love it.  So amid the groaning and crying of dinner we sit there and enjoy the rain beating against the window and our yummy, warm soup.  And one day the kids will like the soup!

Anyway...these beauties were amazing and filled all my cravings for this time of year.  They were a huge hit and we couldn't stay out of them.  They are the perfect size and absolutely delightful!
Cheesecake Caramel Pumpkin Cups

(click here for printable version)

Pumpkin Cookie Cups:

2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips

1.  Using a stand mixer and paddle attachment, combine all ingredients, saving the chocolate chips for last.

2.  Drop 1/2 tablespoons (a mini scoop works great for this) into greased mini muffin pan.  Bake at 350º for 9 minutes.  Remove from oven and press the back of a tablespoon into the tops of cookies to create a shallow "bowl."  Remove to wire rack to cool.

Cheesecake Buttercream:
8 oz. regular cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 c. confectioners sugar (more or less for desired consistency)

1.  In a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and butter, until fluffy.  Alternately add 1 cup of confectioner's sugar with 1 wet ingredient until all ingredients have been added, whisking in between additions.  Set aside.

To assemble:
Pipe cheesecake buttercream into cookie cups.  Drizzle with your favorite caramel sauce.  Enjoy!

Source:  Something Swanky


Blogging tips