Monday, October 3, 2011

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn

Did you know that October is Popcorn month?

Why you might ask.  Because that's when the popcorn is harvested every year (random fact I know but hey those come in handy sometimes!)

I have mentioned before the popcorn addiction in my family.  We grew up with popcorn every Sunday night--rain, snow, or shine.  Mostly it was buttered and salted and every once in while my Mom would make peanut butter or caramel.

Because of this I L.O.V.E. popcorn.

It reminds me of growing up.  Of being secure and in a house that was comforting and safe.  It reminds me of my parents and hanging out with all my brothers and sisters (the ones that still live by my parents continue to go over Sunday nights to see them--I think it's just for the popcorn, sorry Mom and Dad :).

But I also love to find new popcorn recipes.  I have found several that we have loved and I will be sharing them throughout this month to celebrate popcorn month.

This one is a dream!  It came from my mom who got from her friend who got it from her daughter who got it from her sister-n-law who got it from who knows where (did you follow that?).

It is amazing and so yummy.  It even rivals the Cinnabon that altered my popcorn expectations forever.  So go ahead and try it and let me know what you think.

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn


14 c. popped popcorn
1 1/2 c. rice krispies
2 c. white chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
2 c. peanut butter M&Ms
1 c. salted peanuts (optional)

1.  In a very large bowl combine popped popcorn, making sure you have removed all the old maids (the unpopped kernels), and rice krispies.

2.  In a medium size microwavable safe bowl melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.  Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until evenly coated.  Let sit for 20 minutes.

3.  Add M&Ms and peanuts, if desired, to popcorn and stir till evenly distributed.  Pour onto cookie sheets lined with wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Remove and break into clumps and eat immediately.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips