Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graham Cracker Cookies

I was very surprised by this recipe.  It doesn't have your typical ingredients but wow they are good.  I found them here and it has sweetened condensed milk, so I thought man I'm sure that's good.  So we made them and even with the coconut my kids loved them, so go ahead and do it, just make sure you have some place for the extras to go (well besides to your hips because that's where all my extra cookies go)!

1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 can swt. condensed milk
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/3 c. coconut
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. nuts, optional

*  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients and stir very, very well till combined thoroughly.  Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes.  Remove from oven, let sit for 2 minutes and then immediately remove to cooling rack.  Enjoy!
Blogging tips