Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Soft Gingerbread Cookies dipped in White Chocolate

Dear Santa,

I am hoping that if I leave a list I will get some of the things I want for Christmas--I felt kinda silly sending my letter in the mail!

Anyhoo, here it is (maybe you can tell my husband also. He thinks lists are silly and wants to surprise me--so sweet of him, but you know, there are reasons I leave lists.  Any one else have this same problem?).  Here are the things I want--and NEED (I promise!!):

Cookie paddles (maybe the 4th time is the charm)

Wire Whisks for my Bosch (my 3 year old thinks they are awesome toys so I only have one left and it makes whipping things a little difficult)

An ipad mounted into the wall in my kitchen so I can stop printing out recipes and then I can access all my recipes right in the comforts of my kitchen (is that too much to ask for?)

Now Santa I am totally counting on you and will be waiting for Christmas morning!

Okay onto the recipe, I am a complete sucker for gingerbread cookies, especially soft ones, and especially ones dipped in white chocolate.  What gets better than that?  Not much in my world.  These would make a perfect dessert for your Christmas party, very pretty and very yummy!

1 1/2 c. butter
2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 c. molasses
4 1/2 c. flour
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt

extra sugar for rolling
2 12 oz. bags white chocolate baking chips

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl cream butter and sugar.  Add the eggs and molasses and mix well.  In another bowl mix dry ingredients together then slowly mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.  Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls and roll into sugar.  Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes. I like to under cook all of my cookies, so I baked mine for about 9 minutes--they were just perfect, very soft.

2.  Melt your white chocolate chips in a double broiler and dip half of the cookie into it.  Place onto wax paper and let dry.  Enjoy! 

Blogging tips