Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting

These little babies have made me work out in the gym much more than I have been wanting to!!
Oh but they are so worth it--I am serious, I will do almost anything for these little ladies.  Who knew that this delightful combination would be such a detriment to my New Years Resolutions.
Let me leave you a little tip: have someplace to take these, then you won't be so sad when you eat 8 of them in one day!!
I used my tried and true sugar cookie recipe except I added almond instead of the vanilla.  I might have to always do that, it was delicious.

Cookies:
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 1/2 t. vanilla (almond)
7 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
Frosting:
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 t. almond flavoring
1/2 c. frozen raspberries (I used fresh and it worked well)
Mix well.  If it is too runny, add more powdered sugar to get the right consistency.


1. To make the cookies, in mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until fluffy (very important that you do this long enough.  The time depends on your mixer--I typically do it about 2-3 minutes).  Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each one.  Add sour cream and vanilla (or almond).  

2. In large bowl mix dry ingredients together and add to sour cream mixture, combining thoroughly.  Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.  When properly chilled, preheat oven to 375 degrees.  On floured surface roll out cookie dough, atleast 1/4" thick.  Cut into your favorite shapes and place on greased cookie sheets and bake for 10-11 minutes.  After removing from the oven let sit on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.  

3.  To make frosting, combine all ingredients beating with an electric mixer until smooth.  If consistency seems too runny, add more powdered sugar to your liking.  Frost cookies and enjoy!

Source: adapted from Fav. Family Recipes

Blogging tips