Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

What happens to the month of May?

In our house it almost completely disappears.  It comes and goes so quickly I feel like my head is still spinning.

Maybe it's all the things that seem to take place in May.

We have been to 3 school plays, soon to be 4, 2 field trips, 2 showcases, 1 major fundraiser/field day plus so many end of the school year meetings and recitals.  Then if you add the graduations and weddings no wonder the month seems to be over before it even begins.

Plus I think it's the warm weather.  It makes us go outside and soak up the time gardening, mowing, weeding, riding bikes, playing, and lounging that my days seems to be over before I can accomplish all the things I need to do.

Not that I mind.

I love all the things May represents.

One of the biggest things I start doing in May is cooking with Lemon.  I L.O.V.E. lemon.  My favorite cookie of all time is Lemon Drops plus my new favorites cupcakes is the Lemon Curd ones.  Amazing! I just can't get enough lemon.

These cookies are quite yummy.  It doesn't beat the other ones but they are still very good and you don't have to have lemon drops on hand so they can be whipped up very quickly.

Lemon Crinkle Cookies


1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1  egg
1 t. lemon zest
1 T. fresh lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking powder
1/8 t. baking soda
1 2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy 3-5 minutes. Add in the vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until just combined. Pour powdered sugar into a bowl. Form dough in a ball (a medium scoop is perfect for this) and roll in powdered sugar. Place on greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown. Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Enjoy!

Blogging tips