Friday, January 11, 2013

My favorites of 2012

Pin It
This year I thought I would share some of the recipes that became family favorites over the year.  We have made some of these many, many times and they have become regulars on our menu. 

January:
 These are both my "go to" recipes when I make chocolate chip cookies and pancakes (okay really the hubs makes them every Saturday morning and it's his favorite but the rest of us love them too).
February:
 I can't eat Broccoli Beef from a restuarant anymore because of this lovely dish (it really is the best I have ever had) and these cookies changed my whole opinion of sugar cookies.  Delicious.
March:
 Sweet breads are a total weakness for me and then if you add my favorite candy bar ever to them.  Wow!
And who doesn't love flavored Oreos? I can't wait for them to come around this year so I can make this mini dessert that we fell in love with.
April:
 Almost every time the hubs and I go out for date night, he requests to go to Outback.  He l.o.v.e.s. their wings.  Me on the other hand, not so much, I always get this beauty so it was so nice to make that I can make it at home now.
And you know if you've been reading my blog for awhile, that strawberry shortcake is my favorite dessert ever.  In cookie form it was pretty fantastic too.
May:
 This breadstick recipe is a staple in our house now.  I make it at least twice a month.  The hubs and the kids can eat half a pan at one sitting.  It's the best thing I have come across.
Ahhh...Butterfingers, how I love thee.  Mix them with cheesecake and the effect is pretty awesome.
June:
 Can you tell that we love sweet breads? Here's another one adds cream cheese (one of the single most important ingredients to have in the house).

The kids love potatoes so it was so nice to find a different way to have those things--especially in the summer for our outdoor picnics.
July:
 Ahh...those lazy days of summer when you never want to turn on the oven.  We found several recipes that our taste buds loved and there was no oven involved (pizza on the grill is absolutely fabulous).
August:
 Summer was in full swing at our house. This year I treated myself to these delicious cupcakes and these fantastic kabobs.  So yummy! Birthdays can't get much better than that
September:
 Oh my, oh my. Two combinations that totally hit it out of the ballpark at this house.  Our new favorite guacamole of all time and apple pie in cookie form, a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
October:
 See I told you.  Here's another one and with cream cheese too.  We don't always eat sweet breads but every couple months it's time to make some more.
And when apples come in season.  I want to have this treat every single night.  So delicious.
November:
 Remember pie week? Mmmm...I do.  This was my favorite by far.  But you know me and peanut butter.
And I think these brownies speak for themselves.  They are pretty much that good.
December:
 I had a hard time picking our favorites from this month.  There were so many things that we loved. But the two we have made several times already were these two beauties.  Bagels, so delicious and the most delectable hot chocolate ever. Not joking.

Blogging tips